Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Concerts

So I spent last weekend in Chicago, which was much fun and plenty of ROFLs. Seeing Third Eye Blind in concert was sort of surreal- their sound is about one hundred percent the same and I felt like I was about twelve years old listening to them. They spent a lot of stage time talking about their soon-to-be-recorded fourth album (fourth? how long have they been around?) and displaying questionable fashion and headwear choices. Such is life.

The important part of the Chicago concerts was actually Broken Social Scene, who was pretty much wonderful. Kevin Drew does a great job of being rock n roll awesome without being a dick about it- plucking out the bassline of Shoreline was greatly improved by the addition of jump kicks and pick-held-high type maneuvering. Somewhat of an upsetting concert for me, though. Broken Social Scene is hell of good, but that means it got a lot of play and association- about seventy percent of the songs I know by them are the soundtrack to the various heartbreaks of my life, so the concert was somewhat melancholy in that respect.

The Cool Kids played as well. They were pretty good? They need more material before I can judge them proper, and then judge them I shall.

Overall, a good weekend with good music and fun times. This post wouldn't be quite so terrible if I weren't so tired, so I'll catch some sleep so I read this in the morning before crying, brought to tears by the shame I have brought on my family .

yours,
Noah J.

No comments: