Sunday, June 8, 2008

Found a Job...

...and quit it immediately. Okay, to be fair, I'll be officially quitting it in... about seven hours, but even so, the effect is the same so cut the whining because I am sick of hearing it.

Isn't that a lovely picture? It only half relates; the notion of vegetarian shoes though... pure charm.

It wasn't the worst job, it was just boring and soul crushing and awful. Like customer service, except that people actually want information from you when you're standing around in the middle of Target like a very active coma victim. They're much less appreciative when you jump onto their doorstep begging for money with idealism leaking out of your nostrils. It's worse than them just not wanting it, it's them loathing you, the very fact of your existence about the equivalent of a particularly large and needy mosquito.

Canvassing. Door to door canvassing. The institution, Wisconsin Environment, lovely people really, had me memorize some lines, stuck a badge on me and kicked me out on my own into an upper middle class neighborhood obviously more worried about the length and coloring of it's lawns than the air around it. Now admittedly, global warming is not something the human brain was ever designed to fear but I would like to think that someone would give a damn- exactly the sort of thinking that gets one twenty eight doors in your face.

I don't care if I'm broke as hell. My self-esteem can only take so much, and enough people dislike me already.

No point convincing the whole of suburbia that I'm no good.

yours,
Noah J.

No comments: